You may have noticed.
I have some things on my mind I’ve wanted to discuss, but my attention span these days is pretty rotten. I’ve been tweeting (and then Facebooking) way too long to be able to put a small essay together in a coherent fashion.
• An ancient Twitter conversation has me thinking about doorstopper books.
• Victoria and Emilio have me thinking about how / why I eat.
• Mike Cane has me thinking about the citizens of the world v their respective governments.
• Various Twitter conversations have me thinking about feminism, racism, privilege, and tolerance.
• Minx Malone has me thinking about Google+.
• Emilio (see above) has me thinking about picking up an embroidery needle again.
• Mike Cane also has me thinking about power, from an original article by Leftsetz.
• Dave Grohl has me thinking about following your bliss.
• Various other conversations here and there have me thinking about really good movies I’ve seen.
I used to blog a lot. Building my brand. I got tired. The catchy titles that now read way too cutesy, trying way too hard. I thought I ran out of things to say, but I was saying them on Twitter in 140 characters because why blog asides and snark and memes? Then Tumblr came along and that’s what Tumblr’s for. And porn. People told me to get on Facebook and indeed! That is where the fans are, but I’ve covered that topic. Pinterest lets me post a crap-ton of pretty pictures, but I don’t think people browse other people’s pinboards just to see what they like.
But I decided to blog asides and snark and memes, along with things I’m thinking about because I need to get back into the discipline of essay writing. It’s always been my pet medium and I’ve neglected it terribly.
So to those of you who’ve got me in your RSS feeds and follow my mirror posts on Goodreads, you may have a deluge of posts for a while.